Monday, May 2, 2011

Have to Beef!/Whine and Blah Blah!

Ok Yup...no card....wahhhhhhhhhhh! I really miss my card making. I hope soon i can get back into it. In a nutshell the last 2 weeks of March and April have been sheer hell. My mother got the shingles. From what I have heard (and thankfully, so far, never had) it is very painful. Now have a mother who always need to be in control, have dementia, be in extreme pain and her daughter have to take over her tylenol...well can we say it has been a freak out and I don't mean the dancing kind. She is now down to 86 lbs(not good), she has been ornery, telling me and me and my spouse ( is that correct grammar??) we are abusive and liars and want to control her and have power over her(yes that is our main goal...WTF?). My poor mom was popping way too many tylenols because she could no longer remember. Now with the shingles-she got the anti viral meds, she has been on some heavy major drugs and youy would think that would keep an elephant down...nope not my little 83 yr old German mom. She was coming down the stairs on the hour in the middle of the night demanding her tylenol and crying and just being an ornery cuss. We made 2 trips to the emergency in 1 week and in both cases she was sent home. We were really hoping she would be admitted to get some help and for us to get some relief. As a result I got really ill and missed most of the week at work and could not look after my mommy. My Michael came through for me and has been a Godsend. She is on a sleeping pill now and long lastsing pain meds and even the tylenol 3 when needed. We also give her an anxiety pill which seems to calm her down and now we can sleep at night. The nuses have come by and the geriatric social worker came by for an assessment. Of course she was on her best behaviour and even passed the memory test....I could have killed her! It reminded me of when you hear a knock in your car engine and you know something really wrong is with your car but when you bring it to the mechanic there is no knock and he says it is fine...grrrr! The good news is he did see there were issues and so a team will be coming May 24th to do an assessment and hopefully she will get on the right meds to calm her down. The shingles is healing but the pain is still there but I think it is improving. I can't tell right now how much is pain, control and addiction. On another uplifting note..we had a mjor wind storm rip through our area last Thursday. Our power was out for 34 hours. It ripped off alot of our shingles and blasted out a window. Actaully the good news is we get a new roof. I believe we fared better than many people who had trees come down right through their house. One man died when he got hit by his garage door that came off its hinges. It was awful and i heard there are still some people without power now. On saturday we had a major drunk a^*%$ hit michael's parked car! I witnessed it and ran after the car (he was driving very slowly just so you know I am not some Angelina Jolie character...I can dream on). I was banging on his window to stop and he did! I told him to put his F*&%^$ winow down and he did! By that point my Michael and 2 neighbours came out and tried to get him out of the car but they said he was literally greasy (Ick). They tried to get his keys and could not. He did get away but not before someone got his lisence plate # and I called 911. The police got him up the street. he resisted arrest and they had to bash in his window. Apparantly he hit another person's car and he has had prior and his license was taken away. I hope May is better! I will end on a positive note...My mom is slowly getting better with the shingles, the geriatric Assessment Team is finally coming and hopefully with proper meds. We will get a new roof and window and we stoppped someone from probably killing someone due to his drunkeness. I hope to have cards up here soon. It is always better to walk with an agnel through hell than with the devil through paradise:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you really have had a rough time of it lately, haven't you! Here's to hoping for a much easier May for you!

    ReplyDelete